Applications for the 2022 GiE Summer Camp will open on January 30.
Join our mailing list to stay updated about the 2022 application timeline and other programming.
GiE camp entails a week of exciting hands-on activities, design challenges, and behind-the-scenes lab tours. The week of learning will include:
- In-person camp: all day from 8:30am – 5pm
- Virtual camp: half day from 9am – 2pm
- Hands-on activities with materials and parts provided in the morning
- Campus lab tours in the afternoon
- Small group community to help foster peer-to-peer connections and provide individualized attention
- Engaging curriculum led by UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and students.
- Note: Camp plans may be subject to change due to COVID-19.
- Session 1: June 20 – 24, 2022
- Session 2: June 27 – July 1, 2022
- Session 3: July 11 – 15, 2022
- Session 4: July 18 – 22, 2022
Click here to understand the camp fee.
To be eligible for the 2022 GiE Summer Camp, applicants must be students:
- Living and attending school in the Bay Area
- Entering 6th, 7th, or 8th grade in the Fall 2022
- Who have not participated in GiE in a prior year
Students selected for Girls in Engineering:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in and/or desire to learn more about engineering and science
- Would benefit from an introductory hands-on STEM/STEAM camp covering a wide range of engineering and design thinking topics
We strongly encourage students from the following backgrounds to apply:
- Underrepresented in science and engineering
- Low socio-economic means
- May be the first in their family to attend college
- January 30, 2022 — GiE Summer Camp application opens
- March 31, 2022 — GiE Summer Camp application deadline
- April 15, 2022 — Admissions decisions sent by email