Applications for the 2021 GiE Summer Camp are Open!
Due to the continued risks associated with the pandemic, GiE will deliver our signature camp virtually this summer featuring:
- Half-day programming, 9am-12pm
- Optional virtual lab tours in the afternoon
- Hands-on activities with a kit of parts distributed ahead of camp
- Small group community to help foster peer-to-peer connections and provide individualized attention
- Engaging curriculum lead by UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and students.
- If conditions allow, in-person events and programming
- Session 1: June 21 – 25, 2021
- Session 2: June 28 – July 2, 2021
- Session 3: July 12 – 16, 2021
- Session 4: July 19 – 23, 2021
Click here to understand camp fee.
To be eligible for the 2021 GiE Summer Camp, applicants must be students:
Living and attending school in the Bay Area**For this summer only, we are opening up camp to students outside the Bay Area.
- Entering 6th, 7th, or 8th grade in the Fall 2021
- Who have not participated in GiE in a prior year
Students selected for Girls in Engineering:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in and/or desire to learn more about engineering and science
- Would benefit from an introductory hands-on STEM/STEAM camp covering a wide range of engineering and design thinking topics
We strongly encourage students from the following backgrounds to apply:
- Underrepresented in science and engineering
- Low socio-economic means
- May be the first in their family to attend college
- January 30, 2021 — GiE Summer Camp application opens
- March 15, 2021* — GiE Summer Camp application ROUND 1 deadline (SF Bay Area residents only).
- April 1, 2021* — GiE Summer Camp application ROUND 2 deadline (open to SF Bay Area residents and non-SF Bay Area residents).
- April 15, 2021 — Admissions decisions sent by email
*The application may close earlier if we reach 250 applicants.