Applications for the 2021 GiE Summer Camp are now closed.
Check back in January for the 2022 GiE Summer Camp application.
Due to the continued risks associated with the pandemic, GiE will deliver our signature camp virtually this summer featuring:
- Half-day programming, 9am-12pm
- Optional virtual lab tours in the afternoon
- Hands-on activities with a kit of parts distributed ahead of camp
- Small group community to help foster peer-to-peer connections and provide individualized attention
- Engaging curriculum lead by UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and students.
- If conditions allow, in-person events and programming
- Session 1: June 21 – 25, 2021
- Session 2: June 28 – July 2, 2021
- Session 3: July 12 – 16, 2021
- Session 4: July 19 – 23, 2021
Click here to understand camp fee.
To be eligible for the 2021 GiE Summer Camp, applicants must be students:
Living and attending school in the Bay Area**For this summer only, we are opening up camp to students outside the Bay Area.
- Entering 6th, 7th, or 8th grade in the Fall 2021
- Who have not participated in GiE in a prior year
Students selected for Girls in Engineering:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in and/or desire to learn more about engineering and science
- Would benefit from an introductory hands-on STEM/STEAM camp covering a wide range of engineering and design thinking topics
We strongly encourage students from the following backgrounds to apply:
- Underrepresented in science and engineering
- Low socio-economic means
- May be the first in their family to attend college
- January 30, 2021 — GiE Summer Camp application opens
- March 15, 2021* — GiE Summer Camp application ROUND 1 deadline (SF Bay Area residents only).
- April 1, 2021* — GiE Summer Camp application ROUND 2 deadline (open to SF Bay Area residents and non-SF Bay Area residents).
- April 15, 2021 — Admissions decisions sent by email