If you’d like to join our 2019 volunteer mailing list, please complete our short form.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering for Girls in Engineering!
We welcome young women who are currently in high school and living in California to apply to be volunteers for the program. (Volunteers must be entering at least 10th grade during the summer when they volunteer.) A link to the Volunteer Application will be posted on this page in late January.
Volunteers can participate in one or two camp sessions. Please note, GiE is a day camp and we cannot provide housing.
There is no camp fee for volunteers.
Our ideal volunteers are:
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and friendly
- Interested in learning about engineering
- Excited to work with younger students
- Attend camp for the entire session (or sessions)
- Be a positive role model for the campers
- Bring your enthusiasm and interest in learning new things
- Lead games and activities during breakfast and lunch
- Provide general assistance during camp activities
- Help distribute materials/supplies and help to keep the room clean and organized
Volunteers must also attend a mandatory orientation meeting on Saturday, June 1, 2019, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
If you have questions or would like more information, please e-mail email@example.com.