Volunteer Applications are Open! Apply now
Thanks for your interest in volunteering for Girls in Engineering!
- Students must be in high school, entering at least 10th grade, and living in California to eligible.
- Students must attend a mandatory orientation meeting on Saturday, May 30, from 2pm to 4pm.
Volunteers can participate in one or two camp sessions. Please note, GiE is a day camp and we cannot provide housing.
- Session 1: June 15 – 19, 2020
- Session 2: June 22 – 26, 2020
- Session 3: July 6 – 10, 2020
- Session 4: July 13 – 17, 2020
There is no camp fee for volunteers.
Our ideal volunteers are:
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and friendly
- Interested in learning about engineering
- Excited to work with younger students
- Attend camp for the entire session (or sessions). Camp runs from 8:30 – 4:30 Monday through Friday.
- Be a positive role model for the campers
- Bring your enthusiasm and interest in learning new things
- Lead games and activities during breakfast and lunch
- Provide general assistance during camp activities
- Help distribute materials/supplies and help to keep the room clean and organized
Volunteers must attend a mandatory orientation meeting on Saturday, May 30, 2020, from 2 pm to 4 pm
Volunteer Agreement and forms: Volunteers will need to sign our Volunteer Agreement. You can preview this form here. Volunteers will also need to complete UC Berkeley volunteer paperwork and submit a work permit.
If you have questions or would like more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completing and submitting the Volunteer Application
Volunteer applications must be submitted by March 15, 2020. However, the volunteer spots will likely be filled before March 15, since we use a rolling admission process for our volunteers and we review the volunteer applications as we receive them. We have a limited number of volunteer spots, so once the volunteer spots are full we will create a waiting list.
It is not possible to save and resume your application form, so you might like to preview the application questions by clicking on this link. (When responding to each Statement of Interest question, you will be given the choice of either uploading a file or typing your response into a text box.)
After you submit your application, you should receive an e-mail confirmation that contains your responses. If you don’t receive this e-mail, you may e‑mail email@example.com to confirm that we received your application.
If you have questions or need assistance with the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.