2019 Volunteer Applications are Closed —
Thanks to Everyone Who Applied!
Interested in volunteering for our 2020 camps? If you’d like to join our 2020 volunteer mailing list, please complete our short form.
Looking for opportunities for this summer? Check out the opportunities collected by Bay Area Teen Science, a portal to STEM opportunities for San Francisco Bay Area teens: http://bayareateenscience.org/Opportunities
Thanks for your interest in volunteering for Girls in Engineering!
- We welcome young students who are currently in high school and living in California to apply to be volunteers.
- Volunteers must be entering at least 10th grade during the summer when they volunteer.
Volunteers can participate in one or two camp sessions. Please note, GiE is a day camp and we cannot provide housing.
There is no camp fee for volunteers.
Our ideal volunteers are:
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and friendly
- Interested in learning about engineering
- Excited to work with younger students
- Attend camp for the entire session (or sessions)
- Be a positive role model for the campers
- Bring your enthusiasm and interest in learning new things
- Lead games and activities during breakfast and lunch
- Provide general assistance during camp activities
- Help distribute materials/supplies and help to keep the room clean and organized
Volunteers must attend a mandatory orientation meeting on Saturday, June 1, 2019, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Volunteer Agreement and forms: Volunteers will need to sign our Volunteer Agreement. You can preview this form here. Volunteers will also need to complete UC Berkeley volunteer paperwork and submit a work permit.
If you have questions or would like more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.